Saturday, January 19, 2013

Recipe-French Vanilla Creamer, my version

In my quest to replace packaged foods with healthier versions I found a recipe for French Vanilla Creamer. I tried it and it was very sweet so I modified it a little.

French Vanilla Creamer
1 -  14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
28 oz milk, any kind 1 %, 2%, whole, it is your choice
3 teaspoons real vanilla extract (imitation leaves a funny taste, I think)

Put in all in a mason jar (quart should be big enough). shake it, mix, do whatever you need to do to get the milk and condensed milk to blend together. Refrigerate, put in your coffee and ENJOY! We usually go through a jar a week so I am not sure how long it is good for, at least a week ;)

While the first few days you will notice a difference from your normal store bought creamer but as the days pass you will feel better over all. NO hydrogenated anything, just sugar, milk and vanilla.

Homemade French Vanilla Creamer
 I am seeking a recipe for sweetened condensed milk...anyone wanna share?



The original version of this recipe came from http://www.mrshappyhomemaker.com/2011/09/french-vanilla-coffee-creamer/. Thank you Mrs. Happy Homemaker and Pinterest! You have both forever changed my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment