Friday, December 28, 2012

A better, healthier, skinnier me

At some point a few years ago, I decided that I needed to be healthier. I started by making better choices in food. While, I feel that my daily choices still could get better (I am a sugar addict), I have come to love Brussels sprouts and salads without dressing.

The next step in this journey to better health is to make better choices on portion control and to begin exercising. Like I told my brother in law at Christmas, "I just need to eat less and move more". So that is just what I intend to do and this is where I intend to tell you about it...

Here is a picture of me now, as I start this journey to better health and a skinnier me.



Why am I doing this? I am 5' 3", 230+ pounds and 34 years old. I have an eight year old daughter who gets teased at school because I am big. She is active, I am not. Diabetes, obesity and heart disease run in my family; I want to see my 50th birthday.

Stay tuned....I will do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment