Friday, October 11, 2013

I am not having fun anymore, I should have listened to my parents!

The road to dental health has proven to be quiet a journey. It has not been easy (I am a Crandall and things do not come easy for us). It has, however, been full of lessons, which in my book is better than easy.

The first dentist I went to was a waste of time in the sense that he did not listen to my complaints seriously. I did learn that I have cavities that need to be dealt with a mild to moderate case of gingivitis that I need to handle. OK. This said office wanted me to get my teeth cleaned BEFORE taking care of the painful cavity, but could not do it for three weeks. OK.

Tuesday afternoon I had an episode of pain that messed with my vision and ability to think. Considering I was driving with my daughter at the time, I made the decision to find a doctor that would handle it NOW. So, I did.

Wednesday, Doctor #2 found out that the cavity is so badly infected it is messing with my sinuses, which I thought was just seasonal allergies. He also gave me two options, do a root canal or take the tooth out. Take the damn thing out! But before doing that I have to be on antibiotics to clear the infection. OK.

Went to the pharmacist and they do not have the order. OK. Since it was about 10 minutes after my appointment I decided to wait to call Dr. #2's office to make sure they sent it. Forty five minutes later the pharmacy still had not gotten it. Called Dr. #2, they were backed up and had not called it in yet. OK.

Called pharmacy and they asked all the same questions they asked me the first two times I called them, what's your last name, your date of birth, have you filled here before? You are not in our system! Ugg! I just wanted to scream, did you get the order or not!! I refrained, but could not hold back the discomfort.

Thursday the pain was so bad I called and they prescribed me some Norco...these seem to take the edge off. Today, Friday, the pain is still bad. The Norco's do not see to be working any more and the anti's have not seemed to kick in. I can feel the pressure of the infection in my sinuses. The only thing that seems to work temporarily is cold water. Eating involves a lot of cold water. This sucks, I should have listened to my parents and continued dental care after flying the coupe. But like my dad says, "You always have to learn things the hard way." My response, "That is my nature, you become wiser that way."

Keeping the faith!
Thanks for reading, friends. Love and light!

No comments:

Post a Comment