Saturday, January 26, 2013

+5 lbs. & Hearts, biological and symbolic

The past few days have been hectic! This post is going to recap them and give an update on my health; I had a doctors appointment. First, I will give you the update...

I have gained 5 pounds. I am not too upset about this for 1) weight loss was not my starting goal and 2) I could be burning off what I gained during the holidays or gaining muscle. However, I expressed to my doctor how I have been having heart palpitations when I relax before bed and he wants to put me on a heart monitor. OK, will do. I am nervous, not so much by what they find (heart problems run in my family) but at the cost of this! Which brings me to a thought, what kind of world do we live in where we are more concerned with the cost of health care than the actual health care itself? I know I am not the only one pondering this...

All will be well and be as it should, I have faith in that :) OK...here is a recap of the past 4 days of walking!

Tuesday - Went to help my best friends Mom with the invitations to a baby shower. This is the day that I ran into the lady at the gas station. To read more about this experience you can see it here. They live by Edwards Crossing (a popular part of the Yuba River) so I took a quick drive down to see the water flow. This is what I encountered...

Snowy banks!

I have never seen the river in snow before so this was a real treat! It was interesting because in town, Spring has started but here Winter remains.

This is one of the little waterfalls you come across as you drive down the grade to the river..
 After Alyssa got home from school we took our usual walk around our mountain top :)

Wednesday - Alyssa and I decided that we were going to take a break and not walk today; but, Poppy had other plans! As I was out in the front of my house playing catch with her, she kept looking up the driveway to the area where we walk. I thought nothing of it. I threw her ball for her and she took it and ran 50 feet away, dropped it and looked directly at the trail head. Then she pawed the ground like, "Come on, let's go!" OK, pup let's go..you talked me into it!

We found some treasures from nature!


Thursday - We really did take a break today. There was just too much to do. Poppy was not happy about it but did get some catch time in!

Friday -  I guess that pup thought we were not going for a walk today and decided to take one by herself. Across the street! Bad dog, while we did not exercise together we both got a good work out in. I looked everywhere for her and walked and walked and walked. She came home with the biggest smile on her face (of course until she knew she was in trouble) and must have had the time of her life.

Saturday - Since pup was sick last night, throwing up and gassy, I decided to take her out and observe her. She was happy for a walk but was not nearly as fast or peppy as she usually is. It was a nice Saturday morning walk...
It was foggy and soggy!

I can across some more hearts - I am wondering what the sign is...is it a sign to take care of my heart or a sign showing me that I am on the right track. Perhaps, both?

Something lives in this tree...wonder what it is?
 Love and Light my friends...until next time!








2 comments:

  1. Nice Blog, Sarah!! Very beautiful pictures!! Hope your doggy is okay. Have a great day!
    ~Cathi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathi! Doggy is doing better, finally ate her breakfast :)

      Delete