Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Spread your wings and fly!!

THIS IS A TRUE STORY AND IT HAPPENED THIS MORNING!

It is early. 5:43 a.m. to be exact. The birds are actively waiting the sun's arrival.

I let my cat and dog out to enjoy the fresh day that is emerging and sit back down to work, welcoming each sip of delicious coffee.

I notice that the cat and dog are now back in the house and spending some time together. That never happens but I am glad to see that after 3 years they are finally getting along.

Or are they? After about 3 minutes of  "playing" I hear, "Rawr, hiss, hiss, rawr". Hmmm. Then I see Poppy trying to get to the window seal. Hmmm. I better check this out!

Oh my Universe, they have a bird in the house! Oh, kids...between the human kind and the furry kind there is never a dull moment  in this house. Never!

I get up to save the poor Spotted Towee that is now cornered between the window and it's seal. Poor guy, he looks very scared and his eyes are screaming, "Get me the hell out of here"!

I gently picked my red-eyed spotted friend up and held him close to my heart. He took a deep breath and calmed down; as if he was giving a sigh of relief.

I walked to my back deck and set the little friend free. As I did I looked up to see an early morning crescent of the moon; smiling at me. "Thank you, thank you, thank you" my feathered friend flapped. It felt good to reunite him back with nature.

It is these moments that tell me that I AM on the right track. I AM doing what I AM supposed to be doing. The sun has yet to peek over the mountains tops and today has already been a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment