Wednesday, June 13, 2012

May/June 2012 Business Worth the Buzz: Creative Kids Preschool and Daycare

Finding a daycare is easy, but you can only find a phenomenal daycare once in a lifetime!


When Alyssa was 18 months old we had to find a place for her to spend her days while my husband and I were at work. This was the most terrifying experience that I have yet to deal with as a mom; it even tops some of the unbelievable moments my daughter has blessed us with. Really!

A colleague kept telling me about the daycare she had her boys in but because I am stubborn and a free spirit I had to find one for myself. I visited just about all the daycares that I had not already heard of. Wow, was I shocked to see what crap “providers” were providing for children. The last daycare I visited was an in-home daycare. I really like the idea of having in a smaller, more intimate setting. The woman had the kids crammed into a little room with a TV (and sheets on the windows), while the rest of her house was immaculately filled with glass and other breakables. Not the best environment for my little “bull in a China shop”, LOL! 

That was not the worst part though, to get to the outside play area you had to walk through a cluttered garage with all the usual garage dangers. The play area had all the expected toys and structures; except shade. The woman told me that she sprayed them with the hose to keep them cool and reassured me that trees were on the way. OK. Although the woman was really nice, I walked out of there and never wanted to go back. I had it in my mind that I was going to become a stay at home mom. I was over the whole “finding a daycare” idea.

Until, I decided to listen to my colleague. The day we showed up at Creative Kids was the day my opinion changed on daycares and preschools. It was perfect and exactly what I was looking for; structured yet intimate. It was obvious that all the teachers there were there because they wanted to be, not just because they needed an income. Luckily, Alyssa fit right in and was there until  she started Kindergarten (4 years).
Creative Kids is clean. Creative Kids is positive. Creative Kids is about making friends and growing. It is a preschool and daycare center that has the feel of a home day care center because it is filled with love and passion. They teach the kids respect; for both yourself and your friends.  They help your child meet the standards to get into Kindergarten; academically and socially. Overall, our four years of being at Creative Kids was phenomenal. We are truly blessed to have started Alyssa’s school years here.

More so, Alyssa’s Kindergarten teacher noticed and mentioned how “whoever was with her before she started Kindergarten prepared her for both learning and playing with new friends.” This really made me feel more compassion towards these ladies than I already had. Another professional noticed their mad child rearing skills which set it in stone for me; Creative Kids rocks!

Although Alyssa is now too big to go back we are so happy that she started school with Miss Cindy and Miss Sara, not only because we created a strong bond with them and others but also because they prepared her for the next step in her journey! I have said it before and I will say it again, lifelong friendships start at Creative Kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment