Wednesday, June 13, 2012

May/June 2012 Creative Corner - Rocksntwigs by Judy Daly


Reduse, Reuse, Recycle

As I mentioned in a previous blog post that I joined Nevada County Makes. I joined to not only have an outlet for my hobbies but I joined because I wanted to be part of a creative community. What I did not know when I joined was that this community of extremely supportive of each other and extremely talented. 

This community also creates with passion. They create what makes them happy, not what people want. The energy of the item they have created then becomes nothing less than pure.

That is why I chose this month’s Creative Corner, Rocksntwigs by Judy Daly. What first caught my eye was the Toad Houses that she makes. The idea is very unique and creative. As I read more about the things she makes I was elated to see that Judy reuses items that would have normally gone to the dump. Wood, PVC pipe, plastic, Styrofoam moss, sticks and stones are all on Judy’s supply list. I admire and try to stick by the reduce, reuse and recycle way of living so this really resonated with me.  

Judy also creates candles and birdhouses, among other things. You can click on the image below to visit her store on Nevada County Makes. 

Thank you Judy for sharing your passion and your creations with us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment