Thursday, February 7, 2013

We'll be coming around the mountain when we come...

First, I want to wish my husband, Pat, a VERY Happy Birthday! 
I love you Babe and I am so glad to be on the journey with you

Wednesday - Yesterday's walk turned into an unexpected mountain climbing excursion. I have to agree with my daughter, this was the best walk EVER!

It started out normal, we took the NID ditch on our side of the road. It is flat and busier than the other trails we take so Pup needs to be on the leash most of the time. I did not have her on and we came across another person with the dog who was also not on a leash. All went well and there was no incident.

My daughter saw a trail that headed straight up a hill off in to the forest. I had seen it before and told my self that someday I would see where it led and today was the day. It was basically a deer trail, you could see where they eat their way through, LOL!

This is the middle of the trail where it kinda leveled out.
It took us straight into the forest all right! We stopped when we came across a private property sign and turned around to find ANOTHER trail, well sorta. You could see where the animals scaled down the mountain to the creek so we took it. A couple steps into this new direction I noticed that we were not far from home! I could actually see the creek and the roofs to our house. Onward we go!

My daughter, Mother and Pup...which way should we go? Well, it was so steep and the dirt was very soft so we all just found our own way down...
...it was really not that bad, but we like this kind of thing! Exploring....
When we got down to the creek we meandered upstream, checking out all the details. We saw hearts, we saw animals homes, we saw moss, we saw all things natural :)

...because this is what you get to find along the way....

...of course, we were shown love from above along the way...
...the only way to get a picture of Poppy is by chance. She will not sit still long enough. Silly goof...


I wish I would have taken pictures along the way home. We climbed up a muddy, rocky, hill that's pitch was more like a wall. We did it, but Pup could not :( She actually fell and thank goodness did not hurt herself (Well, at least not that we can tell). Poppy looked at us like, "Are you going to leave me? Don't leave me!" It was so sad. The energy became very frantic. My daughter and Mother began thinking of creative ways to get her out; the best one being that I could hold my mother's legs while she dangled off the "wall" hill we climbed up so she could reach pup to put her leash on. While that would have been fun, my logical approach was to find a place down stream that was not as steep where Poppy could get to us. Now why we did not think to do that ourselves, I do not know. Those of us who know us, and know us when we are together, know that is just how we do things. All is good!

This is a picture of the sunset last night. Loved it and wanted to share!

I love where I live!
Today, Poppy and I took a walk early on. The weather forecast predicted rain with possible snow tonight. Oh I hope so! Thanks for reading folks!

Love, light, peace and all things good!






No comments:

Post a Comment