Monday, January 21, 2013

Trash, habits and hearts...one step closer to saving Mother Earth!

12:12 pm - There it is again! 12:12 ;) Today has a lot going on. Happy MLK day! There have been a lot of quotes floating around by the wonderful man we are remembering today. Here are my two favorites:

""I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality.... I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

 ""If we are to go forward, we must go back and rediscover those precious values - that all reality hinges on moral foundations and that all reality has spiritual control." Dr. Martin Luther King

So here are my thoughts...both quotes hold truth today. Anyone who thinks that hate will solve problems is sourly mistaken. Love will always over come, it takes much longer to see results through love but those results are forever lasting. Hate, war and racism only make it seem like the problem is fixed but it actually makes things much much worse making the results short lived. Also, if we want to move forward (individually and as a union) in a positive way we need to take those values that create a peaceful society with us and pass them down to our children. MLK valued equality and faith. What values do you wish to see passed on to our children?


Now yes, this is easier said than done. If you come across me before a visit from Aunt Flow you would probably call me a hypocrite, LOL! It is so hard to be loving and at peace all the time. I have decided that it is worth consciously striving for and achieving. 

So, on a lighter note...my daughter is at a play date until 2 ish so I gotta get some things done. Our walk will wait until this afternoon and it will involve a trash bag per my daughters request.

3:56 pm - My daughter and I just got back from our walk. Today's mission was to pick up trash. This was my daughters idea; she wants to help Mother Earth :) Because of this mission, we took a little detour today. Let me see, today would be day number 27. If I stopped walking today, I would miss it very much! It feels really good knowing that I am forming a healthy habit.

Trash duty!

Fun stuff

We decided to take the BIG hill today

Halfway up, looking down

Half way up, looking up
Made it to the top

This is a close up of what is on the tree in the picture I posted yesterday. What is this? Pretty neat-o!
I really like this tree!

Would it kill ya to take a picture with your mom? LOL


Saw another heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment