Thursday, January 31, 2013

My body, my home & wrinkly trees

1:48 pm - Alyssa asked me to wait and walk until she was out of school and could go with us so we have not walked yet. I have done some tummy exercises though. Dr. Oz's 7 Day Belly Workout is pretty intense. Just the few reps you do seem to have an impact or I just really out of shape ;) Today's exercise was the Stomach Scissors. At first I felt it in my legs but then figured out to extend my leg out rather than down and very soon felt in my tummy. I did 20 reps and then 20 crunches. Baby steps, remember, baby steps.

While doing some research for a client I came across this quote:

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live." ~Jim Rohn

Being the spiritual being that I am, thinking of my body as a 'home' rather than a structure with walls and roof was a profound thought for me. If you think about the homeless, this applies. If you think way back in history to the first humans, this applies. If you think in a metaphysical way, it applies. The quote just reminded me of the essence of life. What do you think about this quote?

5:30 pm - We just got back from walking a little bit ago. My mom, daughter, pup and I took the usual route and we climbed the big hill. We saw a tree where the bark looked like it had wrinkles. Nice walk!


My Mom, daughter and pup, walking the big hill
Wrinkly tree
 I have not seen any hearts today. I am not alarmed because I saw the usual 1:11 today; the Angels are still near :) Love and light my friends!






2 comments: