Thursday, August 2, 2012

August/September Creative Corner - Gary Swenor Photography

One thing you may not know about me is that I am a sucker for photography. I love all images in all forms and of all subjects. One of the things I love about photography is that the art captures a person’s perspective at a certain time and place that inspires them. Which is why Gary Swenor grabbed my attention.

Gary has been a loyal customer of my husband’s for a few years now and when I found out Gary was a photographer I knew that I could reciprocate the support by featuring him for my Creative Corner. Upon visiting his website, it was immediately clear that he knew photography and loved it. After reading Gary’s bio, my assumptions were correct; photography has been a rather large part of his life.

Gary began his love of photography back when cameras were loaded with film. Remember that? I do! He earned his master of Arts degree at San Jose State University and his undergraduate degree from CSU Chico. He has also attained both a single and multiple subject teaching credentials AND administrative credentials. On top of his wedding photography business , he teaches English at Yuba City High School where he is an adviser to the photography club.

Gary’s work has been featured in many different local publications and is an active member of the creative community here in Nevada County. When Gary does a photo shoot he teams up with his wife, Sue, who brings a feminine perspective and a knack for detail.

In his bio it states that, “throughout his distinguished teaching career, a camera has always been close by.” Now that is true passion!

Check out Gary and Sue’s work at http://www.garyswenor.com/. You will be pleasantly amazed!


No comments:

Post a Comment