Friday, February 10, 2012

Something to think about...


When I am 50, it will be my generation who will be running the government. When I am 70 it will be my daughter’s generation who will be making the decisions. Does that scare me? No, and for only one reason; the kids that I have come into contact with who are aged 1-25 are passionate, loving and smart individuals. They possess a certain quality that I think we have not seen until recently. It is a quality that is derived from an unseen knowledge that combined with passion will change the world. Mix technology in there and what we have, ladies and gentlemen, is a power that will take the relationship between individualism and community to a whole new level.

What I am seeing from this age group is the overwhelming sense that it is OK to be yourself and it is OK to pursue your passions even if they are risky. We are living is a world where success is driven by passion and these kids are rolling with it! Children these days have to deal with a lot. Higher school standards, bullying, home issues, health issues…you name it, our young ones are dealing with it. Aren’t they dealing with it well?
Jonah Mowry, is a good example of this. When I saw his video I was saddened at the bullying this child had endured and the pain that he had inflicted on himself; but I was absolutely inspired by his ability to take the situation and use it to heal himself and to heal others. He was passionate about the issue of bullying, he used an unseen knowledge paired with technology, took the risk and he played a part in changing this world. Now just imagine what he will be doing when we are 70? I can’t wait to find out!

For those of you who have not seen Jonah Mowry’s video, here it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdkNn3Ei-Lg&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment