Wednesday, September 21, 2011

September’ Creative Corner: David Mooney

Every time the seasons change I think of art. Not just any art, art that is crafted with detail and that shows true passion. Particularly, I think of David Mooney’s art. 

A couple of years ago I met David and his wife as their employee. I would go out to their house and help them with house cleaning, errands and working their home office. I was lucky to have been able to work for them. I am now lucky to call them friends. 

I was able to learn a lot about David and his love of art while spending time with them. He taught himself to paint, he plays many instruments and knows a lot about everything. Really, everything! I was lucky enough to see his studio, see where the magic happened! It is filled with books and paintings, both finished and in progress; paintings of churches, cathedrals, animals and landscapes. Each piece is a Chronicle of their travels that he chooses to share with the world through painting. His art touched me in a way that stuck with me for a lifetime. 

To find out more about David and his love for painting, please visit www.davidmooneyart.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment